CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday thoughts

In Sacrament on Sunday the topic was Faith. Really good talks were given and you could feel the spirit. Usually I don't get to hear much of the talks as I am so busy trying to keep kids quiet or breaking up fights or whatever...so I was really grateful to have been able to have had a calm sacrament meeting with the kids where I could actually listen to what was being said.


One of the Hymns that was sang was Joseph's Smith's First Prayer. I was singing it and then all these thoughts started flooding my mind...Cole is almost 14, the same age Joseph Smith was when he went and prayed in the Sacred Grove and received his answers... can you imagine Cole doing that, experiencing all that...tears started pouring down my face. I couldn't sing anymore as I was so touched by the spirit. Kent looked at me and was concerned and I just smiled and shook my head and laughed and said I was fine. 


I watched Cole as the hymn was being sang and starred at him in amazement that he is almost 14 years old. I worry, I worry about A LOT...I worry that I am not going to be the Mom he is needing to teach him all that he needs to be taught. That is where I have to have FAITH that all will work out as long as we are trying to do our part {{deep breath in, deep breath out}}.

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as a parent...I just need to remember to learn to let go of the things I can not control and God will take care of the rest.


 
 


Then tonight I saw this on someones facebook and LOVED IT and just had to share it!!



So creative and I loved how they put it all together...so, so good!


No comments: