CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Permanent Makeup

Since I was a teenager I have had to draw in my eyebrows. If you have never had to do this then you probably won't understand what I am going to be talking about. 


I have eyebrows, but they are really light and sparse. So therefore I have had to pencil them in. Now if I didn't pencil them in I would look like a potatoe head (my own name calling of myself LOL). I also would sweat in my eyebrows whether I am cold or hot and so therefore I would constantly be having to check them and fill in the bald spots where the eyebrow pencil had wiped off. Is all this too much information? LOL Oh well, I am a sharer ha ha.

Kent's siblings and all of the spouses plus his Mom and his Aunt are all going on a cruise at the end of November together. Humidity, heat and water are your worst enemies when you have to pencil in your eyebrows. So my sister in law Sheri and I decided that we would go get what they call some Permanent Make up put on our eyebrows. 

Now, some people may think this is vain of us to do...don't judge us people as you have NO IDEA what it is like on a daily basis to have this problem! ha


We checked out a few different places and decided to go to Lethbridge to get it done as it was WAY cheaper and plus we knew the lady who did it and we have seen her work :) 

Sheri lives about 1 hour north of us so she came to my house around 7 a.m. Friday morning (October 7th) and picked me up and off we went down to Lethbridge for our 10 a.m. appointment. The drive down was fun and went by quickly as we talked and had a good time visiting. 

Don't get me wrong, we were both scared out of our minds to do this! We didn't know what to expect and the thought of doing this to our faces had us second guessing ourselves the whole way down there.

My sister in law Sheri took this photo while I was getting mine done. And then the brat posted it on facebook without me knowing....NICE!! LOL
Barb getting Permanent Makeup put on my eyebrows.

Louise is the lady who did the procedure for us and owns Beautiful U. She is so fun and did a great job!! 

 Here is a before and after shot of someone she has done.

She puts numbing cream on your eyebrow area and really it didn't hurt like I thought it was going to. It felt like she was plucking my eyebrows. If I could feel it in some areas then she would just apply more numbing cream and all was good.

It takes about 20 minutes for the consult on shape and color and then about an hour if the tattooing is manually done like ours. They say manually done doesn't smear the pigment as opposed to the electric, I guess like normal tattooing is?

I wish I had taken a before picture, but I didn't so here is the after shot. TA DA!!
Barb and her new eyebrows

It is going to be life changing for me. They are dark right now, but will lighten up 40% with about 5 days. They will soften and blend in that time period. After 2 weeks we will go back down to Lethbridge to have her fill in any spots that need to be filled and make sure they are all good.

 
Sheri and her new eyebrows

I am REALLY happy that I got this done!! I think both our eyebrows turned out great! It was a fun day and well worth it :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I totally KNOW what you are talking about. I have bleach blond THIN eyebrows and always color mine in. It's a pain. Not sure if I would get a tattoo though.

Your eyebrow tattoo's look great!! Does that mean they are forever permanent now? As in throw out the pencil?