CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Nanny and more!

Kent's Nanny was visiting from Ontario last week. Deb and Nanny came over for a visit and Brynley and Nanny had fun playing with the balloons in the kitchen. Bryn had found a bag of balloons so I had blown them up for her. 
 It was so fun to watch the 2 of them having fun together...one of those melt your heart moments =)



My Buddy
So, this precious dog has truly become one of the members of our family. Kent and I both have said that we think Buddy was meant to be with our family...we needed him more than he needed us! He LOVES to cuddle...I think he wishes he was a lap dog =)
One school morning I had just had enough of the fighting (with the kids) and I went into my room and laid on my bed. I was trying to not cry as I felt so defeated...I was so dang tired! 

Buddy all of a sudden jumped up on my bed (which he isn't supposed to do) and laid on my arm and put his paw on my arm. He laid there just looking at me and I knew in his own way he was comforting me...and he did just that! Tyson came into the room and took a picture for me. He is such a sweet dog!
Brynley then came in and Buddy had shifted himself onto my chest and his body was laying right tight next to me. Bryn saw this and climbed up on top of me and made herself comfy. All 3 of us were very comfortable...I could have fallen asleep...it was nice!

One evening I was having myself a BIG pity party. It was late and the lights were all off and I went into our front room to be alone and I just cried and cried (don't ask LOL). I was laying on our couch when I realized Buddy was sitting on the floor right next to me on the couch. He had his face right next to mine and as I was crying he started whimpering...it was THEE sweetest thing! I couldn't believe he knew I was sad and therefore it was affecting him. He jumped up on the couch on top of me (which by the way he weighs 70 pounds...he is H-E-A-V-Y) and we both fell asleep cuddling on the couch. He is such a good dog!



Keeping busy...
 I have been working on some things and I have quite enjoyed myself. They are nothing big, but they were fun to make. I am still trying to make a couple more items...but they will have to wait a few more days.
 I added all different colors, sizes and textures of ribbons to Brynley's lampshades in her room. They were plain and boring and this made them so much cuter I think!



Birthday Balloon Wreath
I saw this on a fun website and then my cousin made one and it turned out so cute...so I decided I had to have one! Let me tell ya, my thumb was sore by the time I was done...but it turned out great! I am making a Happy Birthday board to go in the middle of the wreath to add to it.



Pajama Pants
I made these at my 2nd sewing class this past week. They are pajama pants for Tyson for his Birthday. He hasn't seen them yet...I had him try them on, but I made him close his eyes and not look at them ha ha! He is so excited to see them. He said they are really comfy!


 I am SOOOO enjoying my sewing class. I am having such a great time getting to know all the ladies and we have a lot of fun! I am so proud of myself for accomplishing these 2 projects already. PLUS, I am making Brynley her Halloween costume...it is soooo stickin' cute...you will have to wait to see what it is =) I even made my own pattern for a couple of the pieces for it....I KNOW, (I am as shocked as you are) I am catching onto this sewing stuff LOL!


Counselling update 
 Can I just say, thank goodness for counseling! Kent and I are LOVING our sessions and we couldn't ask for a better counselor. He is a wonderful man! Our eyes have been opened up to a lot of things that we just hadn't looked at in that way before and we truly look at things SO differently now! Life is good and we are incredibly blessed! We look forward to our sessions each time we meet and to better understanding life, why we are here and our purpose in all things!


Music
I am not musically talented in anyway (I am hoping to change that one day soon). But music has ALWAYS been such a big part of my life. It truly is such a healing tool in my life! When I have good uplifting music on it calms me and brings peace into my soul. It helps focus me and remind me of what is important...does that make sense?! When I feel the walls caving in around me, I find myself quickly humming or singing either a Hymn or a Primary song. I tell ya, nothing works quicker than that to bring the spirit in around me and push all the negative away. Too me, Hymns and uplifting music is like a prayer...a message to Heavenly Father. 



I love this saying:

God understands our prayers
even when we can't find the words to say them.


5 comments:

Laura G said...

Your balloon wreath turned out cuter than mine. I love it! Maybe I'll have to give mine away as a gift and make another one. I want my OWN sewing machine, and take a class, how fun does that sound. I can do the basics but that is it. Great pants too and ps your dog is adorable. Tyson (my Tyson) wants one someday.

Lynn said...

I have never seen a large dog be so cuddly like that ever in my life. Amazing. I think he truly was meant to be with your family.

Glad that the counseling sessions are going to well.

And can I just say, that I am SOoo envious of your DIY projects. You truly got talent girl.

Angela said...

I love your lampshades and wreath and pj pants. Doesn't it feel good to get something done that stays done? As moms most of the things we do are family maintainance. Cooking, cleaning, bathing, laundry... and they never end. I think that is why blogging is so fun. You post the pictures and they stay posted. I can't wait to see your next projects. I love your blog Halloween background.

Ortensia Norton said...

I am always behind on your posts! I love all the stuff you have made. They are so cute! Bryn looks like your mom in some of those pictures. And I love your family photos. SO cute. Take care!

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Had to read this blog several times as it was so fun and interesting. Your crafts and sewing are wonderful! Your mother must be so proud of you ! Ha!
All the pictures are just so so terrific.
Love you tons and tons!!
Mom