CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Latest accomplishments!

Thursday in my sewing class I made a Strip-pieced Pleated Skirt. 

 
This is the skirt pattern we went by.

I was S.T.R.E.S.S.E.D about this project as I just didn't understand the pattern or how to read it...it was confusing to say the least! BUT, I DID IT!! It turned out SO dang cute and I am really happy with it. 

 I had a hard time picking out what fabrics I wanted to use. But in the end I think they all worked nicely together. There are 5 different fabrics used in this skirt.
 Once the skirt was made I had a lot of left over material so I decided to make these cute fabric bows I found online. They were super easy to make!


 I still can't get over that I am actually sewing things and making things. It is so satisfying when things are finished.


Here is Brynely and Daddy all ready to go to church. Bryn wore her new skirt and bow to church today. She looked so dang cute!!



Homemade Salsa... 
About 2 years ago Sheri and I bought everything we needed (canning wise) to make homemade salsa. Needless to say it never happened. So we decided we needed to FINALLY do it!

Can I just say, I was AMAZED at how simple and easy it was to make salsa. Mind you, Sheri simplified it even more by getting a food processor so we really didn't have too much work.


 This is the end product. It tastes really good and I am hoping this is something we can do once a year AT LEAST! Depending on how quickly we go through this I guess...as my family and I really like salsa!


Thanks Sheri, it was fun!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man! Look at your go! Sewing! Canning! I feel like a slug. LOL! Seriously......that little skirt looks AWESOME! I am just not that brave yet.

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Are you sure you made that skirt because it is so dang cute and looks so complicated for a beginner...no really, wow, great job!!! Brynley looks adorable in it and that little sweater and hair bows are so perfect too.

Hey sweetie, canning salsa should be a tradition...yum!
Deborah has a great recipe too...I tasted hers on several occasions.
Now for canning peaches and pears and ...and... you and Sherri will be the Canning Queens.

Hugs!