CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

New sewing project

I have been trying to find a quilt that I would like to make to hang on my wall in my kitchen for in between seasons. I have a big wall and I hang decorative wall quilts on it. I am hoping to gradually have one for every season...cause I am cheesy like that ha ha. Anyways, I am thrilled to say I have finally found one that I really like.

I have a thing for stars. So when I saw this quilt I knew this was the one I wanted on my wall. For now I am using whatever scraps of material I have at my house to make it. Once I can get down to the States and get some great material I plan on making another one. So for now, this will do.

When we bought this house there was literally a pile of material left in the storage room. Lot's of gingham and plaids. I haven't done anything with it all so I figured why no use it for this.

After the material is cut out it is like a puzzle piece you have to put back together. It is simple...way easier than I thought it would be.

This is what it looks like after the star is all sewn together. 


 I have 8 stars done so far and I am hoping to get a lot more done today. It all just depends on 2 little girls :)
I laid out the stars I had done and the material I am using to try to figure out where it should all go. Thank goodness Niki helped me out there as I was having a hard time deciding. I am doing a 4 by 5 sized quilt...so I have to make 20 stars in total.  It all needs to be cut out and sewn together by Thursday for my sewing class...wish me luck. Thursday we are learning how to do the back part.


To be continued...


4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow. I feel like such a dutz in the talent department when I see this. lol. You are amazing! You go girl!

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

So neat Barb! Those colors are rather awesome together. I am with Lynn, you are the talent woman! Awesome! All the best getting them made by Thursday. Hugs.

Barb Stanford said...

I am pretty proud of myself as I haven't had to spend one penny yet on this quilt :)

Angela said...

Good luck with the quilt. I can't wait to see the finished product.