CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Being pulled in every direction...

It has been 2 weeks today since our sweet little Bella came into our lives. She is such a good girl, and SO loved by us all...especially Brynley!

The first week Izabella was here was a struggle...trying to get into the routine of having her here and doing everything else that there is to do, being a Mom, a wife, daily jobs, my calling etc. I truly felt like I couldn't do it all. 

One day I came home from a YW Presidency meeting and cried and cried as I felt SO overwhelmed. I sat there trying to figure out how I was going to be able to do it all...then the thought came to me, 

ask me for help...you haven't asked for my help! 

Right then and there I prayed and cried and prayed and cried some more. It was almost like a release for me...I was needing to do this...this, was what I was missing. Stupid me for not doing this sooner.

"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."~ Sheri Dew



Second week...
This past week (the 2nd week with Bella) has gone much much smoother. Izabella is like a breath of fresh air and fits like a glove in our family. There is 3 boys and 3 girls in this house now...I call us girls the "3 B's" ha ha...and busy "B's" we are!! I love it...

She finally had her first visit with her Mom (her first in 2 weeks...way too long).  On Wednesday when the driver came to pick up Bella and it was time to say goodbye I was so shocked by Brynley and Izabella's reactions. Their arms were stretched out towards each other and tears were rolling down their faces...it about broke my heart! They love each other. Bryn kept saying,
 
"my Bella, no go!"  

They hugged and kissed each other and I gave Bella a hug and kiss and told them both they would see each other soon. I got all teary eyed seeing them both react this way. When we came back in the house after saying goodbye, Bryn ran to the front room window and put her hands up on the window and cried as she watched them drive away. I went and hugged her and told her Bella would come back and Bryn said,
 
"okay, her come home now!"  

It was the saddest, but sweetest thing! They adore each other. I was telling Bella's case worker this story and she had a concerned look on her face and said, 

"I am worried this will be very hard on your daughter when the time comes for Bella to leave." 

I smiled and said,
 
"yes, it absolutely will be as they love each other and we all already have so much love for this little girl...but, better that than not knowing each other at all." 

She smiled and nodded her head.

We are told to expect to have Bella with us for at least 6 months. So, now that we kind of know how long she may be here, we can now make some more permanent arrangements and settle her in better. 

Our lives have been changed by this little girl...we are blessed!







2 comments:

Ortensia Norton said...

Hey, you need to listen to 'Make enough of me' by Julie de Azevedo. It'll be your theme song.

How wonderful to have such a'little blessing in your life.

Lynn said...

Awww.......that is just SO sweet!!! Your family is just the love that little girl needs to carry her through.