CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

HELP!

So I went to a "school meeting" tonight thinking it is going to be about the issues that I have recently talked to our Principal about (go here if you don't know what I am talking about). The meeting had NOTHING to do with it. I went and talked to the Vice Principal after the meeting to see what she knew about the whole issue I talked to the Principal about. She knew and thought it was "just awful," but in the end nothing is going to change. She said if I want to put up posters or bring someone in to speak to the kids (have an assembly) then I am more than welcome to do that....WHAT?!?!?! I was shocked! I couldn't believe they were just brushing it off even though
 
"they do care and they are concerned."  

There is a siren going off in my brain about this whole thing...am I the only one that sees how WRONG this all is? Why is it the people who are helping "teach" our children aren't willing to help protect them from something so disgusting and so serious? It is happening in their school, but yet they are leaving it up to me to deal with it all? 

So now what? How do I go about dealing with all this? Where do I find a speaker? I can't afford to pay for posters to be made and put up...what do I do about that etc....

I am SO disappointed and FRUSTRATED in our school for letting me down as a parent and letting all of our kids down. BUT, I am NOT letting this go. I just have to figure out what to do and how to do it.

Any suggestions???

3 comments:

The Stanfords said...

I think it is even more important that they take these devices away from students or require that parents put parental controls on these devices if they want them to use it at school.

Lynn said...

I am stunned too! Although not surprised. I think once awareness is raised all too soon those in "charge" suddenly get cold feet and don't want to "rock the boat" when it comes to being "politically correct" or open to being "sued" for stepping out of "line" with their children. Although that is a whole lot of irony right there. Just sayin' Seen it happen all too often.

My suggestion would be to google it a bit. There are some community services either in your own area or even not that would be willing to come and speak to kids about these things. Of course some of it might not be on the same level as our own beliefs, but it is a start. Women's groups might be a good place to start looking. They target young men who need to know what proper respect for women is. And they would have their own printed posters already to help you out with that regard. So you wouldn't have to pay for them either.


Keep me posted. Or e-mail if you have any other questions.

Ortensia Norton said...

I wish I had suggestions for you but I don't. Keep praying and pondering. An idea will come. (online learning can be terrific. Are you going to give it a try??)