CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us!

It was our 14th Anniversary on Valentine's Day!
 This is one of my favorite wedding pictures of us.

 It is true what they say, I love him more today than the day I married him. I am one lucky girl to have such a great husband.

We were married in the Cardston, Alberta Temple.  I married my best friend that day. I didn't know it at the time, but now I can honestly say that I did.


Hard to believe it has already been 14 years! 

We went out for supper and a movie on Saturday to celebrate our Anniversary. We knew Monday would be tough to do anything. So I am glad we did it this way! Jeff and Melanie came out with us and it was a fun evening. 

Kent had also given me one of my gifts earlier in the week and it was a good one...a gift card for new bras...a girl is always needing a good bra. There is a great place in Airdrie that you can go and get fitted properly for the right sized bra. Let me tell you there is nothing better than that =) Sorry if that was too much information ha ha!

Our Anniversary day started off with Kent and I getting no sleep from something that happened Sunday night (that is a whole other post). So we woke up extremely tired and me with puffy eyes from crying. Let's just say it wasn't a great start to our day to say the least. BUT it ended well!

Can I just say I have such a thoughtful, considerate and caring husband!? He came home from work early so I could go to get a massage that he had booked me in for. The massage was ohhhhh soooo needed and I am so thankful Kent gave me that as a gift. It was a 45 minute massage of wonderfulness  =)

I picked up pizza and went home after my massage. When I walked in the house it was clear that Kent and the kids had cleaned up the house. There were cards on the table waiting for me and a nice big chocolate bar card that they had created together for me. It said:



Happy Valentine's Day! 

Mom we (love) you. We like when you give us lots of (kisses). You are (sweet) and (wonderful). You are (caring) and (more) beautiful everyday. When we (sneak) things we are sorry. We hope you (skor) everything you want on this special day! We hope you don't ever send us to (mars) when we misbehave. 

We (love) you!
Cole, Tyson and Brynley








It brought me to tears as I felt so loved. Very creative and fun...it made my day!

I had planned on doing all this stuff for the kids and Kent, but it didn't happen as my mind was consumed with other things that are going on. So I feel badly for that. I had given each of the kids a Valentine's treat bag at church on Sunday to eat. And then yesterday we gave them each a card. Next year may be I can carry out what I had planned to do this year...there is always next year =)


 I made this personalized crossword puzzle for Kent. I am going to frame it and put it in our room.
 I was ticked as there was an error on it, but Kent figured it all out anyways. There were a couple of questions he wasn't sure of so I helped him out with them. It was fun to watch him do it.

We are looking forward to many, many more years together...I am so in love with my family and so grateful to be in their lives!

3 comments:

Gayla Woolf Holt said...

Awwwww, didn't you guys just get married a year or two ago? Where did the years go? You have a wonderful hubby and kids! Blessings and tender mercies. Hugs and loves! MOM

Lynn said...

WOw. I thought you two always looked so young....but those wedding pics....wow....you were just babies! ; D

Love the creativity in your house hold. I gotta do that chocolate card next year. And that cross word puzzle. How do you do something like that? I bet that took hours. Great ideas!

P.S. Hope everything is okay. Sounds like Sunday was not a happy day.

Barb Stanford said...

Lynn the crossword puzzle took a little bit of time, but there is a website (http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/CrissCrossSetupForm.asp) that puts it all together for you. You just have to add in the questions and answers and it puts it together for you. Now I copy and pasted it to my word program when I was done and added clip art and other stuff onto it. It was fun!