CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

What a week...

I am not sure why, but this week has been a real struggle for me emotionally, physically and spiritually. I find that I have been dragging and just can't seem to get on top of things this week. Come to find out a lot of other Mom's I have been talking to are feeling the same way...so who knows what and why...but enough already!!

Monday once Kent got home from work I was in tears and went on a drive. That is something that I usually do when I am needing to get away and think and be alone with my thoughts. Some times it is maybe not a good thing to be alone with my thoughts LOL, but it usually helps me get out whatever it is I am needing too and then take a deep breath and go back home and face the next day. It is never a good feeling or place to be when feeling that way. I try so hard to put on a happy face and grin and bear it...but this week was a tough one for me. 

I have a couple of people in my life whom I trust and that means a lot to me as there aren't many people around me like that anymore...that is a whole other post ha ha. I know I can call or email these people whenever I need to and vice-a-versa. Everyone needs to have someone in their lives who they feel safe with and can trust and not feel judged...feel listened to and not made to feel like their is something wrong with you. Everyone needs to be able to vent to someone! I cam across this saying on a friends facebook page and I now have it posted up on the wall in my computer room to remind me :)

Every day may not be good...
but there's something good in every day! H
ave you done any good today?


I was reading my friend Rose Travers mission blog (she was my sewing teacher) and she said something that really touched me.


"Do I need to be told what to do, or do I do what needs to be done willingly? Am I able and willing to respond to immediate needs? I remember a saying, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." I hope I am a doer of the "Word" and not a hearer only and that in some way I will also be a rescuer."

Those words struck me to my core as it is something I needed to hear and always remember to do and be like! I miss Rose and I am so happy she is loving where they are serving. Whomever comes in contact with them will only be so lucky and oh-so ever blessed :)

 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I hear ya'! Totally. Hope ya know I am here for you whenever you are having a bad day. Just send a message and I will listen. Hugs!